This Week in Fashion
Things have been a bit hectic here- that’s why I haven’t updated in almost a week- but so much has happened this week in the industry! Rather than pick and choose what to write about, here is a round up of some things going on that I would have blogged about if time permitted this week. Look for your regularly scheduled blogging back next week!
- Anne Hathaway’s 8 ensemble changes at the Oscars won her the “Best Dressed” of the evening for me, especially the deep red Atelier Valentino gown picture above. MAY-JOR congrats to Rachel Zoe for the amazing styling! [New York Magazine]
- Lady Gaga made her runway debut AND debuted a new song in today’s Mugler show in Paris. Talk about working over time. [Gaga Daily]
- Blake Lively, who has attended many Chanel shows in past seasons and is the face of the brand’s new Mademoiselle handbag line, thinks it’s tacky for celebrities to sit front row at runway shows and might not attend Chanel’s show next week. Um, what? [Fashionista]
- See how to wear the sheer trend correctly, how to get your wardrobe ready for spring, getting that pop of color in your closet, and the perfect eye shadow for day to night (written by yours truly!). [Loyola Looks]
- Karl Lagerfeld is the only high-power figure in the fashion industry to speak out about John Galliano’s anti-Semitic remarks last week. Well said, Mr. Lagerfeld. [New York Magazine]
- Check out this sneak peak of Christina Hendricks’ new campaign with Vivienne Westwood jewelry! [Catwalk Queen]
What do you think about this week in fashion?